Communication Capacity Building Training for WWF
In June 2023, VA was invited to provide team communication skills training to WWF to enhance the internal and external communication skills of all staff. The training focused on "what is good storytelling" and "how to tell a good story".
- Conducted a questionnaire survey of all employees to understand the communication scenarios and problems in order to improve the relevance and practicality of the training
- Designed training content and facilitated training to help employees understand the concept of good storytelling and how to build a good story through conceptual explanations, group exercises and Q&A sessions
- Post-training follow-up: Collected feedback on this training and summarized the direction of the organization's future training needs
Project Management Training for Natural Resources Defense Council
To enhance the project management skills of the team, VA was invited to conduct a project management workshop for the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC). The workshop covered project management concepts, project definition and design, implementation and testing, summarization, and evaluation.
- Collected training needs to understand staff's knowledge and the challenges of project management, and designed the training content in a targeted manner
- Helped staff master the key points of project management through theoretical lectures, case sharing, group exercises and Q&A sessions in the one-and-a-half-day training
- Followed up after the training by collecting employee evaluations through anonymous questionnaires and communicating with management on the results
Capacity Training in the Post-Epidemic Era Project for WWF China & SEE
In April 2021, VA was invited by WWF China and SEE to provide strategic services for the "Capacity Training in the Post-Epidemic Era" project, with the aim of deepening the understanding of the strategies of its 17 partner organizations in the marine sector, and initially shaping the strategic framework for the future of their respective organizations.
- Shared the development direction of marine conservation issues in the post epidemic era, including opportunities and challenges in the field of marine conservation, key areas of marine conservation, and the status and trend of multi-party cooperation in the field of marine conservation
- The training is based on the practice-oriented mode of group exercise, interactive discussion and tutor's review. The content includes the methodology and tools of strategic planning (what is strategic planning, how to determine the strategy of the organization), as well as a large number of practical cases in the nonprofit sector
"Introduction to Social Entrepreneurship" Course for Tsinghua University
In April 2021, for the fourth consecutive year, Robin Zhang, founder of VA, was invited to teach the course "Introduction to Social Entrepreneurship" at Tsinghua University. Through the innovative format of combining traditional lectures and marathons, and closely correlating theory and practice, to better inspire Tsinghua University students to understand and engage the real world with empathy and entrepreneurship.
- Introduced concepts related to sustainability and social innovation and explained the use of tools such as Design Thinking, Theory of Change, Impact Assessment, Business Canvas and Business Thinking, Brainstorming, etc.
- Grouped students according to points of interest, refined research questions, conducted questionnaires and data collection and other research methods
- Provided 1-to-1 counseling on the preliminary research results, and proposed feasible solutions and guiding suggestions
Rapid Diagnostic Consultation for Social Enterprises in Chengdu
From May 8 to 10, 2019, VA was invited to provide one-on-one rapid diagnostic consulting to 12 social enterprises in Chengdu, aiming to identify their bottlenecks for sustainable or scaled-up development, and to explore solutions for the enterprises.
- Provided a list of questions for social enterprises in advance, covering most of the strategic and management issues of social enterprises, in order to enhance the consulting efficiency
- Guided the social enterprises to think about their strategy and management situation through four major questions, including social impact, business model, revenue situation and team status
- Provided a complete summary of the consulting process for each organization